- Strain Name Huckleberry Diesel (Sour Diesel x Huckleberry )
- Breeder (if it’s not you): Professor P/ Dynasty Genetics
- Height: 3-5’ indoors, 6-8’ outdoors 1-1.5x Stretch
- Weight (yield): heavy yields
- Flowering time in days: 56-60days
- Sativa/Indica/Ruderalis/etc. ratio: 60% Indica/40% Sativa
The male used for this strain is our Oregon Huckleberry 2014 ibl, which has over 8 years of work devoted to her development. This strain began with Oregon Blueberry (purple thai) x Afghan/Santa Maria, and has since been inbred and refined.
The mother [east coast] Sour Diesel clone is a pre99 cut that has been proven year after year indoors and out. We re-worked this clone back to seed in order to maintain the desirable quality, taste, smell and vigor. Huckleberry Diesel is one of our Sour Diesel preservation projects that will be released to the public in winter 2016/2017.
The Huckleberry Diesel exhibits 4 distinct phenotypes, all of which have immense resin production and bountiful yields. Expect rapid growth and early trichome production when bloom begins, with pungent “fuely” smells coming on strong at the mid/end of its flower cycle. Scents of berry/diesel will flood the grow room as she ripens. Extra carbon filters are required if smell control is a concern.
Overall this is an easy to grow strain with huge potential in the yield department. The potency and medicinal value is extremely useful for a plethora of ailments and should make many growers/patients happy in the near future. Huckleberry Diesel also makes some incredible extracts which is always a huge bonus!
- Taste (burned and unburned): sour berry, fuel, and hashy
- Scent (burned/unburned): acrid/fuel/rotting fruit/star anise
- What the dried bud/crumbled bud looks like: purple and white gem dust.
- Speed of high onset: Instantaneous
- Duration of high: 4-5hrs
- Quality/type of high: Mostly body, with a slight cerebral effect on the Sour Diesel plants.
- Medicinal qualities: Great for insomnia, neurological pain, appetite increase, depression and anti-anxiety to name a few.
Huckleberry Diesel has a rich, unique taste and an incredible effect, which turns heads and inquires begin pouring in when smoking this bud with even the most seasoned tokers. The high is intense and borderline sedating.