- Strain Name: Birds of Paradise
- Breeder: Professor P (Dynasty Genetics)
- Height: medium/tall
- Weight (yield): Heavy
- Flowering time in days: 60-70days
- Sativa/Indica ratio: 60/40
- About 200 words describing where the strain came from, what it looks like, how it grows and why you like it…
With over 12 years of accumulative efforts invested into the development process, Birds of Paradise has an incredibly unique terpene profile that has kept us on the edge of our seats. Both parents were bred and selected based mainly upon medicinal values, which makes this strain very effective for multiple conditions of patients.
The mother of this strain is our Kali Snapple (Pineapple/Snowbud x pre 2000 Kali Mist). She expresses tropical smells of pineapple/fruit, which blend excellently with undertones of fuel and skunk. Most of these traits have been passed onto the offspring.
Blue Heron was the male used, and he contributes a beautiful terpene profile ranging from blueberry/fruit/rose/ incense. The blue heron also sped up the boom time and added another level of resin to this hybrid.
Large plants, colorful blossoms and tropical/fruity/fuel smells will be found throughout the gene pool of the Birds of Paradise. Trichome coverage is above average and on some plants will look like optical illusions when they are ripe.. (Immense trichome coverage skews perception). Faster phenos leaning towards the Blue Heron have also proven to be amazing plants for outdoor growers.
Enjoying the natural beauties of the “Birds of Paradise” is inevitable, when a treasure trove of terpenes wait tantalize your senses.
- Taste (burned and unburned): Pineapples/berry/skunk/rose
- Scent (burned/unburned): Tropical fruit and berries with hints of rose.
- What the dried bud/crumbled bud looks like: extremely frosty
- Speed of high onset: Immediate
- Duration of high: 4-6 hours
- Quality/type of high: The high begins with a cerebral effect, which transitions to a full body effect after the initial onset.
- Medicinal qualities: Anti-anxiety, pain, nausea, MS, IBS, insomnia, increased artistic vision
Birds of Paradise has an enticing tropical/fruity smell that serves growers well as an easy to grow medical strain. The high is thought provoking and borderline psychedelic, which should be handled with care.